feature chevron community spirit fund
The Chevron Community Spirit Fund applications are now closed for 2023.
Thank you to everyone who applied and put forward such a diverse range of worthy and impactful community initiatives.
We are now in the process of reviewing submissions and will notify successful applicants.
We do this by investing in programs which contribute to areas of health and wellbeing, education, environment and building thriving communities.
The Chevron Community Spirit Fund offers donations of up to $15,000 to not-for-profit organisations operating in the following Northwest locations:
- Coral Bay
- Port Hedland
- Shark Bay
Groups supported by the Community Spirit Fund must align with one or more of our social investment key focus areas and contribute to the following outcomes:
Promote healthy lifestyle choices and improve well-being within the community, particularly mental health and support equal access to key medical services.
Enhance literacy and numeracy skills, encourage school attendance, remove barriers to employment and create opportunities for students to participate in science, technology, engineering and maths.
Create a community of environmental stewards to deliver a cleaner energy future. Invest in lower carbon initiatives, sustainably reduce waste generation, protect biodiversity and natural habitats and sustainably conserve our oceans and seas.
Create thriving, sustainable communities by celebrating local culture and encouraging participation and inclusivity.
To be eligible for funding, an organisation must:
- Be a not-for-profit community group, Aboriginal corporation or local government authority
- Be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation or affiliated to an incorporated organisation which is willing to host your donation on your behalf
- If an affiliated incorporated organisation is hosting your donation, you must be able to provide a letter of support from the host organisation
- Identify a project, program or activity that will benefit the community in one or more of Chevron’s focus areas and is not intended to replace government funding
- Demonstrate appropriate governance and capacity to manage the project and use of the funds
Proposals that do not align with Chevron’s focus areas or Chevron Way values are not eligible for funding.
Political contributions and business memberships, requests for individuals, requests for travel, study support, conferences, fundraising or medical treatment and requests from religious organisations for religious purposes are also ineligible.