onslow community spirit fund
At Chevron Australia we want to help build better and stronger communities because we are part of the community. Everywhere we operate, we enrich the wider community and strive to improve quality of life.
We do this by investing in programs which contribute to areas of health, education, economic development, environment and building a sense of community.
The Chevron Community Spirit Fund offers donations of up to $5,000 to not-for-profit organisations operating in Onlsow, the community closest to our Wheatstone operations.
Groups supported by the Community Spirit Fund must align with one or more of our social investment key focus areas and contribute to the following outcomes in Onslow:
Promote healthy lifestyle choices and improve well-being within the community, particularly mental health and chronic conditions, and support equal access to key medical services.
Enhance literacy and numeracy skills, encourage school attendance, remove barriers to employment and create opportunities for students to participate in science, technology, engineering and maths.
Assist local businesses to be competitive and encourage new businesses and services in the community. Increase job readiness and entrepreneurial skills.
Strengthen community awareness and engagement in environmental conversation but encouraging environmental stewardship and supporting biodiversity.
building a sense of community
Create vibrancy and belonging by celebrating local culture and encouraging participation and inclusivity amongst the community.
Since 2007, Chevron has provided more than $1.7 million in funding to more than 350 community projects across the West Pilbara that have helped to build and support thriving local communities.
To be eligible for funding, an organisation must:
- Be a not-for-profit community group, Aboriginal corporation or government agency or department providing services to Onslow
- Be an incorporated organisation or affiliated to an incorporated organisation which is willing to host your donation on your behalf
- If an affiliated incorporated organisation is hosting your donation, you must be able to provide a letter of support from the host organisation
- Identify a project, program or activity that will benefit the community in one or more of our focus areas and is not intended to replace government funding
- Demonstrate appropriate governance and capacity to manage the project and use of the funds
- Utilise the funding to foster the development of capability and/or capacity amongst members of the local community
Proposals that do not align with our social investment focus areas or The Chevron Way values are not eligible for funding. Political contributions and business memberships, requests from individuals, requests for travel, study support, conferences, fundraising or medical treatment and requests from religious organisations for religious purposes are also ineligible.
Applications are accepted for the Onslow Community Spirit Fund from 1 July to 31 August 2018.